Chocolate Flax Meal:
A Breakfast That’ll Boost Your Omega-3s
Chocolate Flax Meal
Flaxseeds are a mysterious ingredient that recently started showing up in common packaged foods in an attempt to make them healthier. What else do we know about this product? That it’s tasteless on its own? Maybe you’ve heard that flaxseeds are one of the omega-3 sources, too. But there are way more benefits to flaxseeds than that.
Research on a group of people with hypertension (high blood pressure) showed that a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds daily effectively lowers blood pressure and could be 2-3 times more efficient than powerful antihypertensive drugs. Moreover, these seeds showed to decrease the risk of breast and prostate cancer and help decrease tumour growth in patients with already existing cancer.
Now that we know that flaxseeds are super beneficial for our health, how do we add them to our diets? First of all, it’s important to grind the flaxseeds before consuming them (or buy a pre-ground product) as that outer shell is hardly digestible.
There are many easy ways to add flaxseeds to the meals, e.g. sprinkle some ground seeds onto your porridge, salad, stir it into a hot meal, or add it to your smoothie. If you wanna take it further and load on the goodness of flax, try out this Chocolate Flax Meal. It’s a delicious alternative to a porridge that is low-carb, gluten-free, and high in protein.
Besides being delicious and filling, this chocolate flax meal is a great balanced breakfast meal . Among other nutrients, it will get you nearly a recommended daily amount of fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, magnesium, and over a half of RDA of phosphorous, calcium and vitamin B2. Moreover, it’s incredibly easy and quick to make: just pour all ingredients into a bowl and microwave for a couple of minutes (if you don’t have a microwave at your disposal, just simply cook in the flax meal in a saucepan).
Macros (per serving): 453 kcal, 38g carbs, 19g protein, 22g fat
Chocolate Flax Meal
- 8 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients except toppings in a small bowl, microwave for 2-3 minutes on high.
- Enjoy right away with your favorite toppings (e.g., nuts, seeds, berries, and fruits).
- Maximizing Nutrient Absorption: The Vital Role of Timing in Your Supplement Routine
- Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid for Effective Vegan Weight Loss
- Beans and Bloating: Understanding the Link and Finding Relief on a Vegan Diet
- Plant-Based Diet For Beginners: What to Expect & How to Thrive?
- Time-Saving Tips for Nourishing Meals: Prioritize Health Without the Hassle